UKIP Forest of Dean has chosen Steve Stanbury as its Parliamentary Candidate for the 2015 General Election
Steve has pledged to move to the Forest by the end of the month. He currently lives in London and volunteers at UKIP’s London HQ. He said: “This is a vitally important seat for our Party and it deserves full-time commitment. Our campaign here cannot be fought only at weekends, or by someone commuting from outside the constituency.”
Steve is the eldest of 5 children and grew up in the rural Sussex. His father is a working man and after service with the RAF was employed by British Airways as a radio engineer. He attended a state comprehensive school, a technical college and then Leicester Polytechnic. Steve said: “As a large family, we managed on a tight budget. I had dozens of Saturday jobs and leant from an early age about hard work and the value of money.
Although I now run my own successful family business, I know from personal experience what it’s like work hard and raise a family on a modest income.”
Steve is married to Linda, who is a committed UKIP member and a great supporter. She will be by my side, and will play an active and energetic part in our 8 month campaign.
He has three wonderful children, James 21, Sarah 20, and Charlie 15. “Family life is challenging, expensive but incredibly rewarding!”
• I believe in an independent Britain, free again to make her own laws in our own parliament.
• The heart of our political message must be fairness, freedom and common sense.
• Above all, UKIP must speak up for ordinary people who feel totally ignored and let down by the pro-EU, pro-mass immigration and out of touch political class at Westminster.
• We need to demonstrate to working people that only UKIP are “on your side” and “share your values” about what Britain should be.
Our Local Campaign:
• If selected, I will put everything into working alongside you to mount an effective, hard-hitting and winning election campaign.
• I don’t pretend to have a broad knowledge of the important local issues today, but I will work hard with all of you to fully understand all the local issues, challenges and opportunities for this constituency.
• I believe my role is to co-ordinate and lead a vigorous and hard-hitting election campaign – in partnership with and involving every member of our local branch.
• Our campaign will also include an effective local campaign, designed to win more council seats in May – and build upon your success in the last council elections.
• I will work hard to raise money for a strong campaign, attracting funds from both within and from outside the constituency.
• I will invest my own money in our campaign, making sure we have a high profile high street UKIP shop, hundreds of rural posters and good campaigning literature.
• Above all, I pledge to work tirelessly – canvassing, leafleting, and most importantly of all, meeting and listening to local people from all parts of the Forest of Dean community.
Photo by micronova